WIDENING PARTICIPATION MEDICS NETWORK
'Widening participation (WP) is a government initiative offering opportunities to groups of people who are under-represented in higher education.' - BMA
WPMN exists to break down these barriers by forming a supportive community where we offer tips and advice for prospective and current medical students from underrepresented groups which include students who:
attend a school with low progression into higher education
are the first generation of their family to consider higher education
are from an underrepresented ethnic group
are from a low socio-economic group
have a disability
are a care leaver
are a carer
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
Why become a member?
1. It's FREE
2. Connect with doctors and medical students across the UK in our community
3. Receive 1:1 support from the committee through our messaging service
3. Be the first to hear about our events
4. Find out about nationwide opportunities in our monthly newsletter
5. Have full access to all the forums
1. Prospective medical students from an underrepresented group
2. Current medical students from an underrepresented group
3. Doctors from an underrepresented group or with an interest in widening participation
If you would like to be a member but do not fit the criteria above, please get in touch.